FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please bring back the SQ call centre in Singapore!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:40 pm
daniellam

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I called the call centre and was routed to India of course, many a times. Though the agents there insisted that there are still a few SIngaporean agents left but I'd just have to take my chance when I call. I was pressed for time, so I felt that I should give them a chance.

I have a fully flexible Business Class ticket from SIN to FRA which was booked to depart on 21st Nov. I called to change it to Jan 7th.

The agent said that the change will cost me $75. I was shocked. I told her that my ticket stipulates that changes are permitted free of charge. I was advised that the change was because it was a 'service'. I told her that the SIngapore ION office told me earlier that my ticket can be changed without penalty and that there is no reissuing required and hence no fee - service or not.
What would happen if you paid the $75 fee, and then later disputed it with the credit card company once you got home?

Just another thought...When calling SQ on +65 6223 8888, why didn't you press "2" for service in Mandarin? I doubt there are any Mandarin speaking agents in India. But then I may be wrong, as last time when I was in India, my tour guide said she was taking Mandarin classes in the evening!