FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada iPhone app
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:40 am
phedre

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
My thoughts: this is a free app for us, and as such I do appreciate the effort. However, I find myself not using it at all. It's just easier to open gmail, click the link, and check in via the website. My perception is that this application is lacking in usability and functionality. But again, it's a good effort for a first release, and I look forward to future releases!

Here's my top wishlist as an AC E/iPhone app user:

- Expanding on the lounge list idea above, integrate that with GPS. If I'm in an airport, I should be able to turn on GPS and have it point me towards the nearest lounges that are open to me.
- Integrate with my Aeroplan number. Let me log in using the same username/password I use on AC.com and Aeroplan.com.
- Integrate with the flight tracker on AC.com. I've got three upcoming flights all booked via AC.com, they show up on the website, they should show up on my phone without all the searching! At the very least, it should be able to pull up the data via the booking reference number.
- Allow me to change my seat via the app, much like I'd do on AC.com now.
- Built in airport guides, hot linked via the flight info. If I'm departing from YUL, let me click on a link from that booking that pulls up a guide to YUL including where the AC gates are, the lounges, amenities, etc.

It's nowhere NEAR as extensive as the other lists posted, but these features IMO would go a long way towards improving the usability of the app. And I do know a thing or two about usability