FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Added security measures while boarding flight home
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:35 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jadenus
I got hit with one of these on Friday IAH-AUS, then about a month and a half ago IAH-CLE. The guy on Friday tried to throw me for a loop, though. He asked for my ID and asked if I grew up in Houston. I grew up about 60 miles south of Houston, but most people don't know of the town, so I said yeah. Then he asked where I went to High School, and I told him where I went, in a town south of Houston. He didn't ask me anything else, so I guess I passed. He was really slick, too. He was more conversational than any other TSA agent I've encountered...it wasn't like he was questioning me.
He was questioning you, not making pleasant conversation. These so-called behavior detection smurfs are best ignored - and you can respond to them with 'none of your business' or just grunt. Another good skill to acquire is the ability to 'fart on demand', thus bringing your smurf encounter to a quick and pleasant end....maybe not pleasant for them, but you get the idea