FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Goes from Low to Med as PM
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:44 am
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by yngdiego
But the problem is that CLEARELY DL does NOT want to fix the problem. It's been ongoing for YEARS, and I think has gotten worse. This is not launching the space shuttle; it's tweaking the back-end systems. If they really wanted it working, a team of programmers could be put on the problem I bet most issues worked out in a couple of months or less.

I think it's strategic plan by DL to make award redemption so unsavory or use so many miles that it limits redemption or they get more miles for the same seat. The only other option is that DL IT staff and management are so incompetent that they can't make the system work, in which case, they should all be fired.
Another quite viable option is for customers to accumulate miles on other airlines. Our CO miles accumulated earlier this year saved the day when I need to book an award ticket for my wife to join me in Sweden next month. The NW options (none, actually) and DL options were truly pathetic.