FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Goes from Low to Med as PM
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:37 am
secretsea18

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by yngdiego
But the problem is that CLEARELY DL does NOT want to fix the problem. It's been ongoing for YEARS, and I think has gotten worse. This is not launching the space shuttle; it's tweaking the back-end systems. If they really wanted it working, a team of programmers could be put on the problem I bet most issues worked out in a couple of months or less.

I think it's strategic plan by DL to make award redemption so unsavory or use so many miles that it limits redemption or they get more miles for the same seat. The only other option is that DL IT staff and management are so incompetent that they can't make the system work, in which case, they should all be fired.
The problem must be that DL has instructed the IT folks to not fix the award engine. IT is now in the hands of former NW personnel that had a functional award engine before the merger. No doubt they have been instructed to ignore the travesty that is the DL award engine, to fix other more serious issues. Unfortunately, that excuse is just that, an excuse. I really don't care that this is a mega-merger... the fact that THEIR problem is OUR problem is inexcusable. In my job I am expected to make sure everything works right, and I have the same expectations for DL.

And for this PM, I get ONLY super high redemptions, if there are any at all for flights to both Europe AND Asia in BE, on the order of 285K+ per ticket (up to 460K ), even using the NW calendar, trying different cities and dates.