FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Goes from Low to Med as PM
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:22 am
kb1992
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yngdiego
But the problem is that CLEARELY DL does NOT want to fix the problem. It's been ongoing for YEARS, and I think has gotten worse. This is not launching the space shuttle; it's tweaking the back-end systems. If they really wanted it working, a team of programmers could be put on the problem I bet most issues worked out in a couple of months or less.

I think it's strategic plan by DL to make award redemption so unsavory or use so many miles that it limits redemption or they get more miles for the same seat. The only other option is that DL IT staff and management are so incompetent that they can't make the system work, in which case, they should all be fired.
You hit the nail...

Many DL flyers live near DL hubs. They are nice people. They take whatever DL gives to them, and put up with this for so long.

Or they fly mainly domestic and there isn't too much to complain about. DL's domestic upgrade and saver award availability seem all quite good.

You see they don't complain much.

After the merger, it's NW flyers (many of them fly int'l) who discovered such crap going on and started complaining on this board.