FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:09 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

1. O'Hare Hyatt
2. Regency Suite, in back tower that is used for elite guests. (There are two level suites in the front tower with a spiral staircase but did not see one.)
3. 672 sq ft
4. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
5. C - I felt the suite was poorly designed. The bedroom was not a completely separate room. When you entered the suite, the bedroom was to the right. The walls were roughly 7/8 high. There was no door (nor any windows). Because of this, light and sound came into the bedroom. I had booked the suite because my husband and I had body clocks 9 hours different than each other. It really was impossible to use the living area without disturbing the person in bed. Further, the desk area was positioned such that the flight from it was at the perfect angle to flood into the bedroom.

The bathroom was cramped. The shower was in the tub; there was a single sink; and there was barely room for one person.

There were benches across the front of the two windows. Both sacrificed comfort for design. They looked great, but you didn't want to use them. The living area was attractive, but there was inadequate illumation. The only lamp was by the TV. There was no place to sit and have light to be able to read a book.

6. The view from the suite was over the rear parking lot.