FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada iPhone app
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:37 pm
aircanadacsp

Air Canada CSP is now on FlyerTalk!

Hi Everyone,

Air Canada CSP is now on FlyerTalk! We are looking forward to continuing the conversation with you all regarding the iPhone App (and more).

So to kick things off I thought I’d address some “house keeping” items.

App Feedback
While I don’t want to discourage posting on the forums, the best way to send us feedback is at [email protected] and [email protected]. We have a dedicated person managing these addresses, capturing ideas, answering questions and investigating issues.

Air Canada CSP Twitter (http://twitter.com/aircanadacsp)

Right now this is our main source for posting news. This will likely expand in the future but for now the best way to stay updated is on Twitter.

FlyerJ & YYC Guy
Wow! You certainly have a lot of ideas and passion for the App! FlyerJ, it will take me some time to digest your “longest FT post ever” but I will definitely take the time to review and respond to both of you.

The App
We know there are many features that you all want to see come to the App and a lot of them were in our original vision (and will be coming to reality). I cannot go into all the reasons why features are implemented a certain way, order or not present yet but what I can say is that we are listening and capturing what you have to say and are committed to making this the very best App for you.

We have a big roadmap for 2010 and still have some work left to do for 2009. As YYC Guy noticed, we have submitted iPhone v1.2 to App Store for review. While “.1” updates are not typically big we want to bring new functionality and fixes to you as soon as we can. So while we are hard at work on bigger items (AC iPhone 2.0), you will tend to see smaller “.1” updates along the way.

iPhone v1.2 will include a few fixes and enhancements (see below). We are also trying to squeek in a v1.3 before the end of the year (more details to come).

Fixes
- Resolved issue related to Check-in communication error.
- Resolved issue related to screen layout when call status or Internet tethering bar is displayed.

Enhancements
- Added link to Air Canada Delayed & Cancelled Flight Service in More section
- Added link to Information & Services resource pages in More section
- Optimized city list background downloading process (resulting in faster download speed)

That’s about it for our first post. Once again if you have any questions there are a number of channels available to you.

- Post here on FT
- PM us on FT
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- http://twitter.com/aircanadacsp

Air Canada Customer Service Platform Team, eCommerce