FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Meal Experience [Dead insect in my salad]
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:20 am
TriStar1011

Programs: B A Gold Qatar Airways Privilege Gold Emirates Skywards Gold Hilton Gold Marriott Gold ICH Amb.
First Class Meal Experience [Dead insect in my salad]

I would like to share with fellow Flyer talk members my experience on board BA 198 yesterday from Mumbai. The email to You First upon arrival is self-explanatory as is the subsequent reply.
Has anyone suffered a similar experience?

Executive Club Number: XXXXX214
Preferred method of communication: phone
Enquiry: Good evening,

Flight BA 198 04 November 2009 Booking Reference XXXXXX.

Executive Club XXXXX214

Today I flew on the above flight to London. I was booked in First Class seat 01A. I ordered the Russian salad from the menu for lunch. Half way through the meal I was horrified to discover a dead fly/insect/mosquito in the salad.
I reported this immediately to the Purser who has promised to report this dreadful situation upon arrival in London.

My appetite vanished and I ate nothing further on the flight drinking only bottled water.

Doubtless you will agree this situation not only poses a health risk to your passengers it is a totally unacceptable for First Class passengers (and frequent flyers as I am) to suffer such a shocking situation.

I left the flight very distressed and bitterly disappointed.

The only saving grace from this dreadful flight was the CSD and First Class Purser who did everything possible to rectify the situation. My thanks should be passed to them.

I trust you will take this complaint seriously and I look forward to your comments once an investigation has been carried out.

And the reply;

Dear Dr Sibbald

Thank you for your email

First of all please accept my sincerest apologies for your truly horrific experience.
I have forwarded it to our Customer Relations department for our First passengers. They will investigate
the incident and contact you in the near future.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Martti

British Airways You First
Opening hours: 7:30am-8pm daily
Direct email address: [email protected]

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 5, 2009 at 10:33 am Reason: to remove PNR