FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11:30PM AA272 SFO - MIA on 763 in F, what food do you get?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:47 pm
Big Mac

Originally Posted by SFO777
If you are coming off of SQ First, more food is last thing you'll be thinking about until the next morning.
It looks like a lot of food but it isn't (for me anyway, especially since I don't eat everything what I get)

Originally Posted by hillrider
For a snack I would have something very hydrating, either udon at Ebisu or won ton soup at Fung Lum, both in the International terminal departures (go one floor up after exiting post-customs). I would not wait until you're in the American area of Terminal 3, where the choices are mostly greasy american or cold sandwiches, although the United area (a bit of a walk) of the terminal does have a Fung Lum and a couple of Japanese options.

For sure not as good as the orient, but given the choices...
I'll definitely keep the udon at Ebisu or the won ton soup at Fung Lum in mind. You are correct, I never eat in the AA area of Terminal 3. I always walked over to the United area which has better "dining" options.

Originally Posted by Ross0
When are you flying this? AA272 is currently a 757.
I'm flying December 2nd, it's still a 763. I almost passed out when you said AA272 = 757...

Originally Posted by chanp
I wish there were a alot more red eyes with the "sorta" lay flat seats.
Me too, I specifically choose this flight. It was either AA or Virgin America (haven't flown them in F before but it looks great).

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone else noticed that the 763 (two-class) transcon-redeye F meals match the 762 (three-class) transcon-redeye F meal choices? I noticed this last year when they had a 763 doing the LAX-MIA redeye for a short while and thought it was odd since usually 763 F = 762 J in terms of catering.

If this is still the case, you'll have three choices: 1) fruit/cheese plate, 2) a cold dish (usually a protein ontop a salad), and 3) a hot soup choice.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for the detailed info. Didn't know they had that many "options" that late.