Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11:30PM AA272 SFO - MIA on 763 in F, what food do you get?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

11:30PM AA272 SFO - MIA on 763 in F, what food do you get?

I have a question regarding AA272 SFO - MIA at 11:30PM on a 763 in F.
Do you get some food or just some warm nuts or pretzels? AA.com shows "Snack or Brunch." I'm coming off SQ2, a 12h:50m flight at 6:55PM and want to make sure if I need to have dinner before boarding AA272 at 11:30PM (although I'm sure I'll sleep the whole flight).
Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snack or Brunch equals a couple of choices - typically a salad with some sliced chicken on top, perhaps a soup and a vegetarian snack. Nothing like Dinner but fairly substantial. I sometimes eat the snack but usually it's lights out for me right after wheels up.

That said, SFO has some decent food choices and you have at least 3 hours between immigration and boarding, so plenty of time to get some dinner at SFO.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. To be safe I'll have (a light) dinner at SFO (I'm pretty sure SQ will feed me well). Yes me go sleepy sleepy as well after wheels up. Jetlag is going to kill me.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:47 pm

There should also be a fruit and cheese plate. Very light offerings due to "sleepy" time
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Big Mac
I'm coming off SQ2, a 12h:50m flight at 6:55PM and want to make sure if I need to have dinner before boarding AA272 at 11:30PM (although I'm sure I'll sleep the whole flight).
Thanks.
If you are coming off of SQ First, more food is last thing you'll be thinking about until the next morning.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:51 pm

Location: Palm Beach/Hungary 3.9MM AA EXP, UA GOLD 1MM, DL PLT, MARR LIFE PLT
The daytime flight has very basic food in F. Salad and simple entree like sliced chicken on top or shrimp with a roll. Likely some cookies before arrival. Its pretty poor to be honest.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a snack I would have something very hydrating, either udon at Ebisu or won ton soup at Fung Lum, both in the International terminal departures (go one floor up after exiting post-customs). I would not wait until you're in the American area of Terminal 3, where the choices are mostly greasy american or cold sandwiches, although the United area (a bit of a walk) of the terminal does have a Fung Lum and a couple of Japanese options.

For sure not as good as the orient, but given the choices...
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
It will typically be a choice between a fruit/cheese plate, salad and/or a light sandwich.

Originally Posted by jm0754
The daytime flight has very basic food in F. Salad and simple entree like sliced chicken on top or shrimp with a roll. Likely some cookies before arrival. Its pretty poor to be honest.
It is no different than what is served on a trans-con flight from JFK-SFO. It's hit or miss. Sometimes you'll get a good beef, sometimes the choices are a sandwich. The dinner flights are best on this route.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:18 pm

When are you flying this? AA272 is currently a 757.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ross0
It becomes a 763 on 19NOV09.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I wish there were a alot more red eyes with the "sorta" lay flat seats.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has anyone else noticed that the 763 (two-class) transcon-redeye F meals match the 762 (three-class) transcon-redeye F meal choices? I noticed this last year when they had a 763 doing the LAX-MIA redeye for a short while and thought it was odd since usually 763 F = 762 J in terms of catering.

If this is still the case, you'll have three choices: 1) fruit/cheese plate, 2) a cold dish (usually a protein ontop a salad), and 3) a hot soup choice.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
If you are coming off of SQ First, more food is last thing you'll be thinking about until the next morning.
It looks like a lot of food but it isn't (for me anyway, especially since I don't eat everything what I get)

Originally Posted by hillrider
For a snack I would have something very hydrating, either udon at Ebisu or won ton soup at Fung Lum, both in the International terminal departures (go one floor up after exiting post-customs). I would not wait until you're in the American area of Terminal 3, where the choices are mostly greasy american or cold sandwiches, although the United area (a bit of a walk) of the terminal does have a Fung Lum and a couple of Japanese options.

For sure not as good as the orient, but given the choices...
I'll definitely keep the udon at Ebisu or the won ton soup at Fung Lum in mind. You are correct, I never eat in the AA area of Terminal 3. I always walked over to the United area which has better "dining" options.

Originally Posted by Ross0
I'm flying December 2nd, it's still a 763. I almost passed out when you said AA272 = 757...

Originally Posted by chanp
I wish there were a alot more red eyes with the "sorta" lay flat seats.
Me too, I specifically choose this flight. It was either AA or Virgin America (haven't flown them in F before but it looks great).

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone else noticed that the 763 (two-class) transcon-redeye F meals match the 762 (three-class) transcon-redeye F meal choices? I noticed this last year when they had a 763 doing the LAX-MIA redeye for a short while and thought it was odd since usually 763 F = 762 J in terms of catering.

If this is still the case, you'll have three choices: 1) fruit/cheese plate, 2) a cold dish (usually a protein ontop a salad), and 3) a hot soup choice.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for the detailed info. Didn't know they had that many "options" that late.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546
And it goes back to slaveship on 11FEB10 (as does the 1155/1200 departure).
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
And it goes back to slaveship on 11FEB10 (as does the 1155/1200 departure).
Unfortunately for passengers, AA received a large military charter contract that runs February through September and will heavily reduce widebody domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.