FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with AMEX Dispute Resolution
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:54 pm
frank_10b

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I am not surprised. I have had a lot of problems with AMEX Customer Service recently. It has taken me weeks to get problems resolved that used to be resolved in one call and generally the people are not that helpful and do not follow-through. I do not know if it is just cutbacks or new policies, but being a long-term AMEX customer, I definitely see the difference.

Among other issues, I had security people calling me and then being connected to the Philippines for long conversations. I knew more than they did and they finally determine that the card was already canceled and a new card issued, which I already knew. They just wasted lots of my time.

I even had a person in the Platinum retention department claiming that I never received an offer with respect to the Delta Card, claiming there never was such an offer that I had a copy of right in my hand.

I could go on and on with the frustrations.

Frankly they would save themselves more money if they went back to the old system and solved problems in one call. Plus they leave me with a bad impression of the company as now run.

it seems to me the more they try to dig themselves out of the hole the more they dig deeper, remember how they use to slam walmart shopers and then when it came out opps! here is 20 to shop at walmart...