FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:27 pm
oldbuddy

Arrow Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]

I have been coming to this forum for a long time and have received some of the best travel advice, promotions and what not. Today I am joining the forum as I wanted to post my experience with the Sheraton at the BWI airport.

I stay regularly at this hotel. In the last 1 month, the owners decided to completely revamp everything. First they got a new General Manager and now this new GM has fired half the existing staff (at all levels) and is hiring new ones. Just last week, he fired the Assistant GM. Funny thing is that yesterday he fired the Cook at the Restaurant and the Bartender ended up cooking the Chicken Wings for me. This hotel used to be very friendly under the previous managers. Everyone was kind of nice and you felt at home. I don't feel the same anymore. Has anyone else noticed any change?

An advice to anybody planning to stay at this hotel: Use your points. This is a Category 2 hotel and it is 100 times better than the Four Points BWI which is Category 3. For 4000 Points you can get a nice room and if you are Platinum, the Sheraton BWI will upgrade you to a very nice Suite.

The Four Points BWI is one of the worst Sheraton Hotels I have ever stayed in my 10 yrs of Consulting life. The Passageways are dimly lit and are at the most 7 ft in height. The rooms are small and dingy and if you decide to use Priceline for a hotel room in the BWI area, you can get this hotel anyday for 50$/Night and it is categorized as a 2.5* hotel by Priceline. I wrote an email to Priceline asking them to downgrade it to a 1*. I haven't heard back. The Food at this restaurant is excellent though.