FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are chain restaurants so popular in the US?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:48 am
7Continents

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Originally Posted by MisterNice
You nailed it quite nicely. I rarely dine at any chain near where I live but will eat at selected chains when on the road about 30%-40% of the time excluding breakfast which is usually at my hotel (free thanks to thanks HH ). I go to the mid-priced chains and always avoid the low and high priced chains.
-Why does every meal have to be a dining experience? Sometimes, you just need nourishment. Especially when travelling, being able to predict what I'm going to eat is very comforting. I sometimes eat alone, so being able to read a book and eat familiar food makes the end of the day bearable. Or sometimes, a chain is the only thing still open at 9 or 10 or 11 pm when I'm finally getting around to dinner.
+1
Also, if you are in the 16-23 age range or are traveling with them, it's a place to hang and eat with or without the parents. In college you're gonna go to Applebees and not seek out a finer dining establishment.