FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:11 am
AtlMan

The Hyatt Grand Champions Resort & Spa recently completed a $65M renovation and expansion that added a brand-new 4-story wing with 140 rooms and a permanent RC. Being new, all of these rooms have completely new furnishings, unlike the remainder of the guest rooms, though I suspect the original rooms will soon be renovated to keep a consistent look/feel.

The original hotel is 5-stories, the new wing at 4-stories.

There are several pools and a kiddie play area w/water features. Also have a brand-new ribbon style adult pool area with bar and cabanas for rent w/all amenities: tv, phone, powerport for laptops, etc.

Also added a 30K sq.ft. spa with new fitness center and a new lagoon like lake surrounding it. It is very peaceful and tranquil and they did a fantastic job!

Main entrance is much more grand now complete with about 100 palms and a dancing fountain in the center of the front drive. Also painted the entire building a more tan sand shade than the off-white which used to adorn the exterior.

Think this resort is fabulous! I know the entire sales staff there and the GM and go there on occasion for meetings with them, and travel with members of their sales team, which is how I know so much about the place.

Lots of great restaurants in the area, including one right across the street at Vicky's of Santa Fe. Very lively and kid friendly, and great food!

Several restaurants at The River on Hwy 111 in Rancho Mirage: Babe's, Prego, Guaymas, P.F. Changs, Fleming's Steakhouse, The Yardhouse, and a couple of smaller places like Baha Fresh, and of course there is a Starbucks...lol. This complex is great to get out and stroll, as there are plenty of shops incl Border's and a movie theater. They also tend to have art fairs and/or live entertainment on wknds.

Islands is a simple but good place for burgers and similar fare on Hwy 111 in Palm Desert. But think the best burgers and such can be found at Tyler's in Downtown P.S. at Indian Canyon and La Plaza. Castelli's is a great italian restaurant, on Hwy 111 in Palm Desert. Bananaz is a casual restaurant similar to Chili's/TGI Friday's but more local and fun/lively atmosphere, again on Hwy 111 in Palm Desert. Seeing a pattern developing here? Hwy 111...

Plenty of good restaurants in Palm Springs downtown on Palm Canyon Drive also, where you can park your car for free and get out and walk, shop, eat, enjoy the scenery!

Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions. If you're interested in experiencing The Living Desert, a 1,000+ acre zoo and gardens, let me know. I have passes that I'd be willing to pass on to you when you arrive. It is a great place for the young and young at heart.

Enjoy your visit!

AtlMan in P.S.

[This message has been edited by AtlMan (edited 04-24-2003).]