FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points for airport upgraded business class with Air Canada?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:29 am
123abc

Programs: BA executive club
Points for airport upgraded business class with Air Canada?

I recently (Aug) flew to LA via Toronto with Air Canada. It wasn't until after I bought the tickets that I realised Diamond Club would not give me the points as they were N class which are not eligible for points.

As I only needed a couple of thousand more points to retain silver and my year was up just after my flight back to London I decided at check-in to pay to upgrade to business class to Toronto so that I would get some points. The check-in clerk said the upgraded flight would be Z class which shows on the bmi website as getting 1x miles.

I am concerned as the points still have not been credited to my account. Does anyone know if I am entitled to these points?

I was about to send in the boarding pass but notice it has the class as ET J and also shows the code ML*1. Can anyone shed some light on these codes and whether it will affect my entitlement to the points? I am worried that as it was an upgrade at the airport there are some restrictions on whether points are awarded.

Thanks for any help and as this is my first post on flyertalk I hope I have posted in the correct section.