FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Watch those Vegas Resort Fees!" Thread
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:37 pm
peachfront

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
quick resort fee update for what it's worth

We were warned by the check in chick in the VIP lounge that we would pay a $10 a day resort fee at Monte Carlo -- for basically nothing -- free wi fi (um, we have Verizon or another service like EVERYBODY else this time of century), 2 bottles of water a day, a newspaper every day. We did not receive any bottles of water, nor did we receive a newspaper, although the newspapers were left out near the elevator. However, on the bright side, even though we didn't play because we were too busy with poker thus were coasting on past comps, either the host or the computer removed the resort fee.

I agree I would not stay there unless I was comped, esp. now with easy access to Bellagio (our poker home) blocked off by construction. While we were at Monte Carlo, we had to drive every day, because we couldn't figure out how to walk there even though in theory it's close. We did TRY to walk but we were turned back. So staying at Monte Carlo cost us the cool free drinks at Bellagio poker room...Back in the day, there was a free tram between the two properties. Gone, gone, GONE.

Monte Carlo should not charge a resort fee, they should be glad anyone still stays there at all. The resort fee plus "getting there" issues pretty much guarantee you won't stay there twice. I loved Andre's restaurant though. It was fabulous. I hope once City Center is open, they work out these "access" problems. I'm not gonna pay a resort fee to be in a low security federal prison where I can go out if I pay bribes. RIght now, that's the situation with Monte Carlo. Such a hassle to go anywhere. I was very disappointed despite the great pleasure I took in the visit to Andre's and the beautiful suite. When I accepted their comp, I did so assuming that access to Bellagio would be pretty durn easy.