FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do people phone in Admirals Club no cell phone zones?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:51 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
This is no different than the people who don't turn their phones off, even after the 5th announcement, the ones who turn their phones on while the aircraft is on final and hasn't landed yet and the ones who stand up before the fasten seat belt sign is off. I always want to ask them what is so important that they can't follow the rules. Is a minute longer really going to matter that much? I think it is because it is a "me" society now, and there are people who just DGAS, that think that the rules don't apply to them! They are probably also the cigarette smokers who flick their butt out the window, but think that they are not littering.
Actually, there's a big difference. I, am general, am not a rules follower -- I don't agree with your premise that all rules are created equal -- but I do (in general) follow rules that are intended for the courtesy of others, such as not disrupting a quiet area.

(I am typing this while riding in the "quiet car" on Amtrak's Acela train, where it irks me to no end -- and I'll often say something -- when other passengers don't follow the rules. At Steve Martin's wonderful bluegrass performance this week at Carnegie Hall ("I've always dreamed of performing at Carnegie Hall," Martin said, "and tonight I feel like I'm one step closer to realizing that dream!"), I had to turn around and tell the obnoxious women sitting behind me that they should go outside if they wanted to have a conversation.)