FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The good and the bad: Alitalia J Class Rome-Buenos Aires
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:49 am
hardiwv

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Thanks for the very interesting trip report.

It was very useful because I will fly AZ Magnifica FCO-GRU and I was reluctant to abandon my normal carriers for this route: KLM or AF. But as you said, there are positive and negative aspects about AZ and apparently they are improving. I will give AZ a try.

On the good side, AZ has just launched its new lounge in FCO Terminal C and work will start in another lounge in Satelite C (see news below). This means AZ is renovating its lounges, one of the downsides you mentioned.

New "Le Navi" Freccia Alata lounge

Starting September 8, 2009, the new ALITALIA "Le Navi" Freccia Alata lounge is open at Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport.

The new Lounge, located at Terminal C, occupies approximately 300 square meters and extends on 2 levels. The lounge’s exclusive décor allows seating for approximately 90 guests, offers a bar area with barman, services with showers and information and check-in desks to ensure the most comfort for our customers and help make their trip more enjoyable even before departure.

With the opening of the new lounge, the "Giotto" Freccia Alata lounge at the satellite C of Fiumicino airport will be temporarily closed for renovation.

Also a new version of AZ seat for the B772s fleet will be uncovered in 2010 alongside new blanked, pillors, etc (see link below).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...rovements.html

Rgs,