New Magnifica Class: upcoming improvements

Old Sep 30, 2009, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
New Magnifica Class: upcoming improvements

I got an email today from Alitalia asking me to fill out an online questionnaire probably due to the fact that I recently flew longahul J.
It turned out to be an interesting, albeit longish, experience with plenty of graphic previews of what the new J class will be.
The emphasis will be, as they put it, on Italian designer brands.

From what I can remember:

- SEAT: the A330 will feature horizontal lie-flat in a staggered layout which looked similar to LX new business class on the A333. The seat is by an italian manufacturer (sorry, forgot the name). There will be mood lighting. The new aircraft will enter in service in March/April 2010 which will coincide with the launch of the new J product.

- AMENITIES: there will be a new amenity kit (sorry cannot remember the brand) and a new attractive duvet/sheet/pillow set by Frette to replace the current wafer think red blanket and equally poor pillow

- CATERING: each cycle will feature regional Italian cuisine. A sample menu from Tuscany was shown, with many items having DOP (certified origin). Some kind of starter will be reintroduced.

- TABLE SETTING: it will designed by Richard Ginori and will feature stylish tableware and glassware and Frette linen.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but it looks like they are taking the job of improving J class seriously. Let's hope that this airline can catch up with other European carriers. Even TP or IB are miles ahead at the moment...
Cheers,

hilltopper
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: AZ FA+ - AmeX Plat - Starwood Gold - Hilton Silver - Avis Preferred - Hertz Gold
This is good news.
If what you reported will happen, then az will have a better C product than af/kl which looka pretty dated now.

Let's hope they will retrofit T7 as well and start new route from mxp/fco like sfo/lax.

Still i would really appreciate they considering updating the aircrafts they use on european routes.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Zazza
This is good news.
If what you reported will happen, then az will have a better C product than af/kl which looka pretty dated now.

Let's hope they will retrofit T7 as well and start new route from mxp/fco like sfo/lax.

Still i would really appreciate they considering updating the aircrafts they use on european routes.
I'd LOVE to see Alitalia bring back the LAX-Italy non-stop. I still can't believe that once Alitalia left the market, no one moved in to take it.

I am sure there is PLENTY of desire for a LAX-FCO or LAX-MXP non-stop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.