FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - johor bahru, malaysia REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT
Old Jan 29, 2001, 5:21 am
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Interestingly enough the rates they quote in USD on the web site are 2 or 3 times as high as what they quote at the hotel! I did get the "local" rate - but just checked on the web to make sure I had a good rate 180 Mal nett (about US 45) while the web site was advertising a "special" of over 90 US.
I too can't believe that this is allowed to operate as a Hyatt - I will probably never stay in another Hyatt (well maybe except for a free night ) after this stay - so it is really doing them a disservice.
I don't know that I will stay in JB again - but is the Crown Plaza nice? I also looked at the Pan Pacific (the one I should have transferred to) and the room s were a bit nicer, but the staff was MUCH nicer - and I wasn't even staying there. The lobby and other public areas of the PP were also what one would expect for this class hotel unlike the dowdy Hyatt.

I have stayed in many other hotels in Malaysia - mostly in KL - never paid over US 60 and had incrediblle experiences - the Hyatt would have been worth about US 20 in comparison (if I was feeling generous) - but if I had wanted that kind of hotel I wouldn't have booked a Hyatt.

I had just come from the new Hilton in Seremban where I had a wonderful suite and wonderful attention from all the staff (which more than made up for some of the problems of a new property) so the contrast was even worse.

[This message has been edited by estnet (edited 01-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by estnet (edited 01-29-2001).]