FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2000, 8:32 am
winstoda

Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Well, this Friday was my first Hyatt stay since being given Diamond status. I have no diamond card yet so I didn't no what to expect as far as receiving an amenity or any special treatment. I checked in via the 800 service at 9:30 Friday morning. The agent told me I was on the Regency Club floor. So far so good. I arrived at the property at 8:00 that evening. Couldn't find the 1-800 Checkin desk so I went to the front desk. The agent was in training and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I checked in via the 800 service. A manager came to her rescue and assisted her during the check in. I'm not sure if it's because the agent was new or if it was because I have no proof of diamond but I was offered no amenity. I also was told that a late checkout was not possible. When I got to the room I was suprised to see 2 double beds instead of the king thats in my profile.

Overall it was an ok stay. I guess I was just hoping for better treatment than I receive as a Starwood Platinum. I have a stay planned this weekend planned at the New Brunswick Hyatt Regency. Hopefully I'll receive my Diamond card soon!

One more thing. I paid for most of the baltimore saty with Hyatt gift certificates. I presented them upon checkout. I was told (just like other posts I've read here) they had to be presented at check in. An argument began but was very short as I read the back to the agent. She did tell me that I wouldn't receive points for the portion paid for with the GC however. I told her I thought se was incorrect....but she said she was positive about that. I guess another fight will be neccessary once the stay posts.