FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated Security Screening in Geneva (GVA)
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:17 pm
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Updated Security Screening in Geneva (GVA)

I flew Sunday from Geneva to Munich and was startled to see the security screening was now right at the top of the steps (making the lounges on the airside of security now). I had flown the previous week and the security was where it always was.

Needless to say, there were two entrance lines, one on the left with 2 machines running and one one on the right (moving much faster) with 4 machines running.

Additionally, there was a fast-track line - but ONLY for Business Class / First Class. I asked at check-in and again at security if I could use the fast-track line as a Senator and they said, "No, only first or business. It seems strange to us too but this is how the Geneva Airport has implemented the fast track line."

So for those flying out of GVA - there is now a fast track line if you are in business/first (but not *A Gold, or SkyTeam Elite). And the lounges are now airside instead of landside so you can time your departure to the gates better.

Beofotch