FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TLS/NRT report
Thread: TLS/NRT report
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:40 pm
airchristophe

I have flown through / to / from NRT a few times and have always found NRT ground staff to be pro-active and extremely polite. Little things like anticipating customs/immigration forms, anticipating and INFORMING the client about delayed luggage ...

In fact the world, and especially AF in this context, has a lot to learn from Japanese politeness, customs (as in traditions), and service.

I don't understand why AF crews pay attention only on some routes and not others because it is true in my experience they are more on-point on that route (ICN too in my experience) ... but that is a huge and never ending debate.

Originally Posted by jmbfrance
Dear friends,

5) As it is AF, there was a problem : arriving at NRT, I waited for my suitcase, which did not arrive. With several fellow Biz passengers, we were told very quickly that AF put them at CDG in a Noumea bound container. The Japanese staff at NRT fixed the problem very fast (We lost just 20 minutes).

6) Allways AF : there were no immigration forms onboard, but ground staff was waiting for Biz pax giving them pens and papers and driving them to some special immigration counters.