FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finally Stayed at an Aloft and it "Worked"
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:52 pm
firstglobal

I had my first stay in an aloft recently and I really liked it (although it was for one night, haven't tried to work out of one for a week or longer). The public area was very nice - had a trendy bar area like you would see at a W hotel albeit smaller and poorly attended. That's to be expected in the suburban areas where these hotels are going though.

I went in thinking of the comments others had made on this site comparing the rooms to university dormitories. I suppose I can see that a bit, there is something slightly industrial about them - I suppose that's what they were going for with the "loft" bit

For $89 a night I cannot complain at all about a baby W with free wifi and an in-room fridge. Did not use, but was surprised to see, a hairdryer and iron with full ironing board in the room. As others have mentioned, the bed was not in the same league as the Sheraton/Westin beds but was not uncomfortable. Did not like the analog alarm clock, I suppose someone wanted to add a retro touch but would have preferred something more usable. Also, I was briefly tempted to refill my 3 oz shampoo bottle from the dispenser in the shower!