FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - no domestic FC/PE priority luggage tags?
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:41 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yesterday when I checked a bag at the FC counter, a DL agent told me (rather rudely) that they don't give the colored priority tags on domestic, only international. My boarding pass clearly says NW Plat/Skyteam Elite P and I had a FC ticket but no status was indicated on the printed tag either. When I look at the Skyteam elite benefits website, it says Skyteam Elite Plus members get "Priority Baggage Handling: Spend less time at the baggage carousel. Special baggage tags indicate checked luggage belonging to Skyteam Elite Plus members. These bags are delivered expeditiously to the baggage-claim area." (No asterisks, footnotes, or exceptions, not by carrier, route, or class of service.) I realize that the system doesn't work perfectly, but still, my experience has been that most of the time, my checked luggage has arrived with the first third of the bags from my flight. Although I sometimes must remind them to use the priority tags, I've never had an issue with NW, including a number of times at different airports this spring (the last time I checked luggage for a domestic flight). Neither the NW or DL website seems to address this, although FT suggests that DL did the special tags only from 1999 to 2005. When did DL stop honoring Skyteam benefits? Did I miss the announcement of this new service enhancement?
NW is now DL....