FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot
Old Sep 12, 2009, 6:52 pm
GTITAN

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I have to ask, in what way is CO markedly better for the international flyer. I ask this seriously. I am someone that flies internationally almost exclusively, and I left CO because it wasn't competitive. This is especially true when you look beyond the published "benefits" and consider the difference in comfort between CO Y and DL Y. What does CO bring to the table that DL doesn't?

For the 50k to 74k international flier, then CO may now be a better option, due to lounge *G at 50k, but for the 75k+ flier? I just don't see it.

FWIW, bear in mind that I will probably make CO my primary *A program. I've already gotten my Plat match. What I don't see, though, is any compelling reason to shift a substantial amount of my traffic to CO/*A. If there is something I am missing, I would love to hear it.
I will take a shot, and it may not be enough to sway any business, but as of now, these are the major differences at the two programs.

Probably the most compelling part of CO's program at the Plat level now is the soon to have ability to change, deposit, redeposit, etc award tickets that is reserved for Diamond only on DL. Also, the partners in *A some suggest are better than ST (I know YMMV, and I also know about the less than favorable elite bonus earning across the partners on *A). You also with the use of the ANA tool get a much more transparent view of award availability (I am going to imagine now that CO's award availability will become easier to see).

I know your internationally based and I also know CO's sometimes miserable upgrade experience, but having said that, domestically Platinum companions on day of departure trump others at the airport and there's no fare restriction.

Up until the 2010 changes to the CO Plat program, I was in total agreement that Plat on DL-NW was generally more generous in benefits to CO's Plat. I don't think so now. Of course, reasonable people can disagree. YMMV.

Be Well Sir!!
GT