FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:13 pm
MIKESILV
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toronto1970:

If I merge my new account (with the ACAQ code) into my old one, will I get the bonus miles applied?

I was planning to wait until the promotion was over to merge my accounts (and use my new number until then), but I'm staying at Ballys LV this weekend, and I think that they need to see the gold card since they can't access the HHonors information directly. Since I don't have the card under my new number yet, I will have to use my old one. But of course I want the promotional points too, so I'm not sure if I should merge my new account into the old one.
</font>
How about a definite YES. I suggested to a friend who was a Silver member to register for the promo, if only just to get Gold until 2005. He opened a new account,then merged the two a day later. He has already got the bonus points for two stays, both completed before registering.(in fact one was an award stay) after merging he retained his old account number for the now existing account.

As mentioned here before the first bonus shows up under the first stay particulars. BUT ALL OTHER BONUSES ARE LISTED UNDER " PROMOTIONAL BONUS POINTS AND MILES" section of your activity folder on Hilton.com

For your stay at Ballys I suggest you take a print-out of your on-line statement if you think they might require verification since I if the past is any example I rather uspect the new Gold cards will take a few weeks to arrive.
mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited Dec 01, 2003).]