Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold

Here is an easy way to attain "GOLD" status:

1. Go to: www.hiltonhhonors.com/aeroplan
2. Use code ACAQ

Viola, your account will be GOLD instantly.

To get your 50,000 points:

1. Must stay between Oct. 15 and Feb. 15
2. 5k/10k/15k/20k bonus after 1st/2nd/3rd/4th Stay

If you are already a member, just create a new account with the above steps 1 and 2. Once it is created, login with your old account and edit your profile to combine multiple accounts and follow the instructions. It takes one day to show the new GOLD status on your old account. I was a blue member and did it yesterday and my account shows gold today. Good Luck!
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
so what you're saying is that, as a Diamond who can always use points, can get a different account #, follow the steps, then combine accounts and pick up an easy 50k of points, right????
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Discussed at length here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008988.html
Old Nov 14, 2003, 12:54 am

Programs: AA,AS,BA,CA,DL,HP,NW,UA,US and BW,HH, Raddison and Starwood.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aglp2k:
Here is an easy way to attain "GOLD" status:

1. Go to: www.hiltonhhonors.com/aeroplan
2. Use code ACAQ

Viola, your account will be GOLD instantly.

To get your 50,000 points:

1. Must stay between Oct. 15 and Feb. 15
2. 5k/10k/15k/20k bonus after 1st/2nd/3rd/4th Stay

If you are already a member, just create a new account with the above steps 1 and 2. Once it is created, login with your old account and edit your profile to combine multiple accounts and follow the instructions. It takes one day to show the new GOLD status on your old account. I was a blue member and did it yesterday and my account shows gold today. Good Luck!
</font>

aglp2k...a big thank you to you! I just set up my account. It was so easy. Thank you, again!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 3:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aglp2k:
Viola</font>

Hey buster, who you callin' Viola?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:08 am

Awesome! Thanks so much!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:40 pm

I made my second account and I am now Gold. But, I cannot figure out how to combine my two accounts online. One of these posts says 'Go to profile and then combine the two accounts.' I've tried going to profile several times and all I can find is ways to update my profile and nothing about combining two accounts. Can anyone give me direction on where to go to after clicking on 'profile'. I would appreciate the help. Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:53 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BangkokBob:
I made my second account and I am now Gold. But, I cannot figure out how to combine my two accounts online. One of these posts says 'Go to profile and then combine the two accounts.' I've tried going to profile several times and all I can find is ways to update my profile and nothing about combining two accounts. Can anyone give me direction on where to go to after clicking on 'profile'. I would appreciate the help. Thanks</font>

Log in to your account. Hit the "Member services" tab. Scoll down to "Combine account", then fill out the information and send to HHonors.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:00 pm

Thank you very much. I did what you suggested and now I was able to combine my accounts.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
I don't know if this has been asked or disscussed or if it just a stupid question, but here goes.

If I were to register today (Nov. 16th), would stays count towards this promotion that were in late Oct? In other words, retroactive stays but still between the promotion dates?

Also would award stays in the same period count?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by henwood:
I don't know if this has been asked or disscussed or if it just a stupid question, but here goes.

If I were to register today (Nov. 16th), would stays count towards this promotion that were in late Oct? In other words, retroactive stays but still between the promotion dates?

Also would award stays in the same period count?
</font>
As far as I know, revenue stays between oct 15 and feb 15 will be counted retroactively. But no idea about award stay.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 1:35 pm

When does this gold expire?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 4:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfie:
When does this gold expire?</font>
From what I have read before in teh other thread, this gold status expires in September or October 2004.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 4:51 pm

After reading both threads, I am still confused:

I am a Diamond. I understand that I can open another account still in my name with same home address. When do I combine accounts, before or after I have made the four required stays? If before, do reservations have to be made in new number or can they be made in old number? If in new number, will I get Diamond benefits and diamond bonus points? If after, I assume I will not get Diamond perks or diamond bonus points; is this true?

Bottom line, does it make sense for a diamond to open a new account to do this?

thanks,
marc
Old Nov 17, 2003, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I, too, am a little confused.

I'm currently a Diamond, good until 4/2004. I've had only an award stay at Hilton this year (but it was a nice one - Paris Hilton ) and I got points for it.

I was going to let the membership lapse since I now stay at Marriotts every week. However, 50K points is a nice attraction.

I have one stay booked at Hilton LGW in December. I'd like to spend it as a Diamond and get upgraded, lounge access, etc. Under this plan, I'd have to somehow rebook it under my new a/c number? Or just make sure it goes into that account, which I can do at the desk.

OTOH, could I book more stays under the new Gold number, but flash my diamond card at checkin, and get the best of both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.