FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2009 MQM Rollovers?
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:31 pm
DL Platinum

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pmaddock
I'm sure the answer is b - in fact many are holding back on MR plans to ensure that they get to less than 125K because of it. (124999 means Plat next year and almost Gold for sure in 2011 vs 125001 means Diamond for 2010 and a fresh start for 2011).
Well, I guess I didn't read enough! Seems really odd to let a platinum who earns 124,999 MQMs roll over 49,999 MQMs into the next year when the Diamond who traveled 125,001 only rolls over one. Maybe it's the new math, but this doesn't seem right to the Diamond! In this example, the diamond must earn 124,999 MQMS in the next year to re-qualify, but the Platinum only needs earned 75,001 MQMs to qualify for Diamond. Just seems odd.

Alas, I have reached the Diamond threshold and hope that it works out for me next year!

Secondly, anybody else notice that upgrade difference between Diamond and Platinum only benefits Diamonds on discounted fares.

"Diamond Medallion members booked in discounted fare classes will clear for upgrades 5 days out and will always clear before Platinum Medallion members booked in discounted fare classes."

I read this as anything less than an "M" fare. Thoughts?