FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:57 am
kats

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I just checked out the hotel this morning. Hotel shuttle runs every 30 min during day time. When I arrived at the railway station around midnight, the hotel told me to take a taxi and that they would pay. The phone to call for hotel shuttle is located next to SUBWAY in the train station's main hall where you buy train tickets.

I was assigned to a refurbished executive room on the 3rd floor. The room is average size and clean, but I must say the view from my room was not so impressive because all I could see out the window was the building ceiling and some trees. Two small bottles of mineral water were offered for free.

Exec lounge on the 5th floor was very cozy and I enjoyed the evening cocktail with good food, beer and wine. Breakfast in the lounge did not offer a good variety and I took breakfast downstairs which they offered free as a D benefit. Their coffee in the restaurant is among the best.

I liked the sauna in the fitness club. I am not sure if it is common in Europe, but it was the first time to have experienced a sauna to be shared by men and women. Swimming suit was mandatory.

I liked the hotel but there was one big problem. Can one imagine any Hilton hotel in the world without internet access at least for 4 days?? Their internet provider is ibahn. If the hotel understands the seriousness of the problem, they should fix it right away!! They said they had problems on the hotel's end.