FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another Luggage Question
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:10 pm
patk

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K, Avis First, Marriot PP, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by tfar
Hi there,

Now on the 22" roller, you might want to do some measuring when you get it. Or did you bring it home already? From what I understand and from what others have said, too, if you factor in the outsider handle system and the wheels it will not fit the sizer anymore and might get difficult in some overhead bins. If you find that to be true, you could still exchange it for the 20" model which should be ok in the sizer.

Did you bring home the tri-fold garment bag already? We (that is mostly I) want a review and would be particularly interested in your packing notes. What do you pack where and how does it fit? Do you already have a shirt folder? Measure the curtain pocket and see if the 18" eagle Creek folder will fit. It should. That would be ideal.

Please keep us in the loop about how it works out for you. I really do think the combo of a rolling briefcase and a tri-fold garment bag is a very smart solution and others stand to profit if you can tell us how it performs in your eyes.

Cheers,

Till
Uh-oh... So the model I got is actually the 21" (U421X), measuring it here I get ~23-1/2" from wheels to handle. I saw this post and thought I'd be ok:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=11950617

Originally Posted by BrianV
I always get tagged at LAX. My Briggs & Riley Baseline 22" fits fine. If I had it SUPER stuffed it may be a problem but even moderately stuffed I haven't had a problem.
Now I'm worried. I'll dig and see if anyone has had problems with the 421x. Have you heard of any?

As for the tri-fold: I should get that in a day or 2 (there wasn't one available in the store), so I didn't leave with it. As soon as I get it, I'll update you.

thanks
-pk