FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What the--- I can no longer use SkyMiles to book CO flights?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:12 pm
COpltASgldPHX

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by justind
A related question --

! just called Delta to book an award flight on CO (I verified that an award was available for my desired dates on CO.com), all flights have CO flight numbers, one segment is, however, operated by Cape Air (a CO partner). The starting and ending airport is only serviced by Cape Air, and the airport code is not even recognized on Delta's website (MAZ - Mayaguez, Puerto Rico). I was told that this would not be possible to book.

Is this true or should I do the "call back thing" until I get a more informed agent?
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The DL agent in your case is correct, as Cape Air-operated flights -- even where being marketed also as a CO-codeshare -- are not considered a DL partner.
Go ahead and book the award to SJU. Then go to FlyCapeAir.com to book the connecting flights to MAZ. I just priced SJU-MAZ R/T and most dates w/2 weeks adv. purchase are $119 A/I.

Just remember to leave yourself plenty of connecting time since booking on 2 tickets can be risky if your CO flight into SJU is late. Allow even more time if you're flying EWR-SJU!