Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What the--- I can no longer use SkyMiles to book CO flights?

Old Sep 6, 09, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I just called DL to try to use some of my miles with them on CO fleet before Oct 25 and was informed they are no longer partners and won't book flights on Co aircraft.

I had no idea about this--I thought I would be able to use my skymiles until the alliance truly ended. Is this correct?
Old Sep 6, 09, 2:39 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
call back and talk to someone else...
Old Sep 6, 09, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sedonanative View Post
I just called DL to try to use some of my miles with them on CO fleet before Oct 25 and was informed they are no longer partners and won't book flights on Co aircraft.

I had no idea about this--I thought I would be able to use my skymiles until the alliance truly ended. Is this correct?
Call back and try again. If there is truly already in effect a change in the ability to redeem DL miles for CO-operated flights, then you should ask DL why DL is unwilling/unable to make it possible to use DL miles for the flights operated by CO.
Old Sep 6, 09, 3:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

While I would be very surprised that DL would be blocking the redemption I was somewhat entertained when reading the huge SkyMiles spread in Sky magazine yesterday to see that CO and CM were not listed in the partners while all the other ST members were. Of course, CO hasn't mentioned ST in a press release in months and hasn't been putting the logo on the new 73s being delivered.
Old Sep 6, 09, 3:05 pm

Programs: CO Gold
if you look online for something like sjo-iah it even shows CO as the first option (non stop flight)
Old Sep 6, 09, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

SURPRISE
I called back and was able to book two different flights with skymiles.

I tell you, the older I get, the more I realize almost no one has any idea what they are doing--not just customer service either, but accountants, lawyers, etc.
Old Sep 6, 09, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I tell you, the older I get, the more I realize almost no one has any idea what they are doing--not just customer service either, but accountants, lawyers, etc.
oh well, I discovered that in 3rd year of college when a professor who had a PhD in chemical engineering sent us the wrong way in a very simple 3rd year thermodynamics question (note....he did teach thermo I..........!!!!)

after that incident we realized we were more likely to screw up in other classes if we followed his 'suggestions' .....so we simply a) didnt ask him anything b) sometimes we asked him something and we had bets on the likelihood that he would get it right
Old Sep 6, 09, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
+1

Most everything you hear now is [email protected] FWIW, I had a couple CO agents earlier this year refuse to book me on SkyTeam stuff for 2010 using similar such logic.
Old Sep 6, 09, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
A related question --

! just called Delta to book an award flight on CO (I verified that an award was available for my desired dates on CO.com), all flights have CO flight numbers, one segment is, however, operated by Cape Air (a CO partner). The starting and ending airport is only serviced by Cape Air, and the airport code is not even recognized on Delta's website (MAZ - Mayaguez, Puerto Rico). I was told that this would not be possible to book.

Is this true or should I do the "call back thing" until I get a more informed agent?
Old Sep 6, 09, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by justind View Post
A related question --

! just called Delta to book an award flight on CO (I verified that an award was available for my desired dates on CO.com), all flights have CO flight numbers, one segment is, however, operated by Cape Air (a CO partner). The starting and ending airport is only serviced by Cape Air, and the airport code is not even recognized on Delta's website (MAZ - Mayaguez, Puerto Rico). I was told that this would not be possible to book.

Is this true or should I do the "call back thing" until I get a more informed agent?
Sounds correct, though it would be a better question for the DL board since it's using DL miles.
Old Sep 6, 09, 4:49 pm

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A related question --

The DL agent in your case is correct, as Cape Air-operated flights -- even where being marketed also as a CO-codeshare -- are not considered a DL partner.
Old Sep 6, 09, 6:12 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
A related question --

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
The DL agent in your case is correct, as Cape Air-operated flights -- even where being marketed also as a CO-codeshare -- are not considered a DL partner.
Go ahead and book the award to SJU. Then go to FlyCapeAir.com to book the connecting flights to MAZ. I just priced SJU-MAZ R/T and most dates w/2 weeks adv. purchase are $119 A/I.

Just remember to leave yourself plenty of connecting time since booking on 2 tickets can be risky if your CO flight into SJU is late. Allow even more time if you're flying EWR-SJU!

Search this Thread