FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First trip on DL
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:50 am
Donna49

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
First trip on DL

I've beem a Plat on NW for the past 5 years, and I'm sorry to see the red tail go. I was always treated great by everyone there.

I have had some hesitation with the DL merger, wondering what it would be like. I have also seen changes to the WP program that I do not like, so I have considered trying a status match on another carrier. But before I did that, I wanted to try the DL brand.

I bought a fairly cheap coach ticket (SEA-ATL-TPA) for something like $320 rt, a few days before departure. Checked "my reservation" on nwa.com the next day, and I had been ug'ed on all 4 legs. First leg was a 767, with an avod system and power ports. The legs to and from TPA were 757s, with nothing. I'm on a 757 (flt 1039) from ATL to SEA with wi-fi ($13), avod with free live TV, movies for $, and assorted other options, great service, and a friendly crew.

While I hate to see the red tail go, if this is the future, I think I'll stay with the "new" NW, which is what I call DL.

A lot better than I expected. I can definitely live with this. I just hope my experience is not out of the ordinary.

From over Rapid City, SD

Donna