FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:32 am
pitflyer

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Aloha from HWV! I am posting from my room in the Ocean Tower. I've used a lot of information I gathered from this forum; just had dinner at Roy's in the Kings Shops, the tasting menu for $48 per person. Good food, great service. I would recommend it.

Anyway, when I checked in two days ago, I was told there was absolutely no upgrades available, either to room type or ocean view and that I could be put on a waiting list. I did ask to be put on it. The next day I called and was told there still was no better room available. The next day, they called me to tell me that no better upgrade was available and they will still be looking.

In a hotel with so many rooms, I am very suspicious that the best room they can give me is a garden view, low floor room. Tomorrow I plan to talk to a manager and tell them plain and simple, I'm comparing my experience here to my Marriott experience, and so far Marriott has treated me much better, so this isn't just one stay, it changes my hotel plans for the whole year...

Other quick comments about the hotel -- not much since I don't spend a lot of time here:
-Yes the hotel transportation options are annoying, but not as bad as some have posted. I've found that once you just take into account that it takes about twenty minutes from when you park to get to your room, it's OK.
-The hotel does make you sign out the towels and return them daily.
-No bug problem - I don't think I've seen one yet, but the birds are pretty loud in the Ocean Tower. However, I've been able to tune them out pretty easily.
-Have not and do not plan to eat here even once -- maybe partially due to the lack of an upgrade don't feel like spending any more money here.

Overall, a fine value for an ALON 100k but I won't be back for 175k.