FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Diamond still best in class??
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2009, 3:17 pm
WBurcham

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Just when, exactly, was DM ever best in class?

Wait, I get it, they mean: "best in class"!
Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL Diamond never has been and still is not best in class for customers.

DL Diamond doesn't look to be best in class for customers even in the second quarter of next year unless DL does something else substantially different.

125% mileage earning for DL Diamonds flights is a joke given how and how much worse value there is on the redemption side of DL than is the case with the likes of AA.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I already provided a rationale for my thoughts on the matter and it is even to be found in the very post of mine which you quoted.
Oh, didn't realize that was your complaint that with a 25% bonus it doesn't make up for the fact that it's harder for you to redeem on DL versus AA. I guess it's about your travel patterns. If you fly TATL, it's probably easier to redeem DL awards for a DL or partner flight versus AA since you cannot use BA flights ex-US.

Originally Posted by redtailshark
No rationale? Are you sure? For any comparison, hard data is good, I agree. You probably missed my previous postings analyzing the lack of value of SM vs OP, for example.

However, this could be a great opportunity to perform another search and itemize the poor value of SM vs OP, maybe this time we can throw in DM as a comparison too. Or AA. After all, if SM can't even deliver what DM does, never mind OP, then surely you'd agree that things are really in a bad way.

Yes, what a great idea you've given me! OK, I'll do that after the next meeting and post here. That way, you can be sure there I have sufficient rationale for using the term "best in class", and not best in class.
But keep that with the one where you said DL gives out too many skymiles when compared to other airlines and didn't take that into equation. If it's easy to get 100K SkyMiles versus moderately easy to get 50K (and that's what the ticket costs), which do you prefer?