FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW/DL is really Goofy
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:47 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingDL
[B]The only difference with the reservations SE was a V Class (ATL-ABQ) and GE was U for that leg.
Originally Posted by FlyingDL
The ticket was purchased from NWA.co and we are both NWA elite not DL
This smells like a codeshare problem to me. DL flight booked on nwa.com. Also NW has a V class but not a U class (that you can purchase), while DL is just the opposite. Unless, of course, you're looking at your companion's reservation after the upgrade, in which case whatever class they bought gets replaced with DL's V class (F upgrade). You need to look at the ticket receipt to see what fare class your companion purchased.

Originally Posted by mersk862
Are you on the same PNR?

If no, I tend to think that the Silver booked just a tad before the Gold did, there was 1 seat left in V, and it went to the Silver since they were confirmed first (even if by mere seconds). If that's what happened (the Silver hit purchase before the Gold), then the Silver would be entitled to the F seat over the Gold since they were ticketed first and were within the upgrade window.
It sounds like you're talking about an upgrade that occurs right at purchase. I don't (yet) know the intricacies of the DL upgrade system but that sounds impossible on a DL U fare, even within the 3 day upgrade window with V space available.