FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Oct 29, 2003, 6:15 am
MileKing
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dudrop:
Our family has just returned (10/26) from HWV on an ALON. This was not our first vist.

As a fellow FT'er suggested we had read all the posts prior to our first vist, so we knew what to expect.

Roaches, we have only seen one, by a drink machine, dead.

Trams, Two were running, small wait but, we were on vacation and no one was in a hurry.

Prices, no one said you have to pay these prices. There are many great restraunts in the area and lovely scenery enroute.

In conclution, no, its not perfect, but my family enjoys it and we will return.
</font>
We must have been there at the same time as we were also on an ALON and left HWV on 10/25. I can assure you that two trams were NOT running at all times. There were a number of occasions when only a single tram was running. That, plus the fact that the tram locator terminals were inaccurate or not working about 75% of the time, was frustrating to say the least, regardless of whether one finds the walk from the Ocean Tower to the lobby long or reasonable. (I haven't heard anyone say it is a short walk, and it isn't.)