FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}
Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:23 am
Spongenose

My family stayed at the Doubletree Maingate last Feb on a priceline stay. (Paid about $35/night with tax/fees.)

The hotel has two story "rooms" arranged like mini townhouses. We could drive right up to our door. Room had two bedrooms - each with a bathroom, a living area, and kitchen facilities. One bedroom had a TV, with another TV in the living area. Can't remember how many channels -- maybe 20 or 25? With 2 or 3 of them being tourist channels. It served us really well for our few days visiting Disney, and felt more like a small apartment than a hotel room.

The pool area was adequate (pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub,) and there was a restaurant/bar (which we never used) near the lobby/pool area.

Its located quite aways down 192 (Irlo Bronson Hwy) from the entrance to the Disney parks. But for the price, we thought it was great. A Publix supermarket is about a half mile away, and a Walmart Superstore is not too far away in Kissimmee.

I only use Priceline for personal hotel stays, so I'm not really one to judge if the hotel is worth $89/night. If you're looking to obtain points, then I would say it's worth it. If you're going with a family, the facility can't be beat -- as you get two bedrooms for the price of one.

[This message has been edited by Spongenose (edited 01-24-2003).]