FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some people have no manners
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:53 am
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Jedi Master
... Many times I have seen people take a few bacon rolls from the counter, then eat the bacon and leave all the rolls .......

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I do this almost every time in the J lounge. To be honest I do not want to eat all of that bread but I do want the bacon. I do not see it as too much of an issue although I am a keen cook and never waste food in other situations.

In which case, just ask any member of staff to bring for you from the kitchen some bacon on a plate. Please feel free to eat and drink whatever you wish, my plea is only that people avoid waste by not taking something that they have no intention of consuming. It doesn't seem much of an issue if one person does it but if everyone did, it all adds up. Bear in mind how many people are starving and any bread wasted drives up wheat and energy prices which makes it even less affordable for those in poverty. I would never suggest that you run to the shops to buy your own bacon but surely something as simple as asking a member of staff is not too unreasonable?

Originally Posted by A Man Ray Kind Of Sky

I understand that there may be some shandy-drinking ballerina-types who are worried about their cholesterol; so surely a better option would be to have a 'build-your-own bacon butty section'? That would certainly decrease waste.
If any BA T5 manager or supervisor is reading this, perhaps they can arrange a tray of bacon at the food counter so people who want bacon only don't have to take it from the rolls and waste the bread. Eliminating any waste, no matter how small must be beneficial to BA's profitability.