FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some people have no manners
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:47 am
h15t0r1an

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I know that's the point of them, but like I say, I don't see why they should be so close to the shops/entrances in carparks. Of course the argument for being close to the store is a two-fold one -firstly, it is safety, the second is ease/space -i.e. in a mulistory, the lifts are often cramped if full of buggies. My point is merely that whilst people can't help being disabled (generally -sometimes if it was an accident where they were at fault, maybe they can...), but people generally choose to have children. With choice comes responsibility. We are lucky enough to have a car. Then again, I am lucky to have a car and so shouldn't moan about where to park it. Still think it's wrong though.

I also don't think them having a separate parking space close to the shops will make any difference to your or my state pension anyway

In terms of manners, the NUMBER ONE THING that really p!sses me off is the way in which no-one seems to use the words "please" and "thank you" any more. It's such a simple thing to do, and makes people much more inclined to help you.

If I am a person with no manners then so be it, am I bovvered?
Yup, I too am fed up with this obsession with People With Kids (PWK's). Happy for them to get wide enough space for car doors to open. Just fed up with supermarkets esp. Sainsbury's giving them all the best spaces near the door. I don't even think the PWK's themselves even want to be there, necessarily!