FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites {US-IL}
Old Jun 19, 2003, 2:19 pm
elbidercni

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
You are correct about the location -- it is great. As a diamond I don't recall any special treatment when I stayed a few months back.

The hotel rooms I would say are satisfactory, although nothing special. My room did not appear to be recently renovated, but I cannot compare the before and after of any changes given I've only been there once (I had a bad experience there at check-in years ago, which made me leave and kept me from using this hotel for a very long time).

The view I had overlooked an office building so it was not a great one, but you could see the lake in the distance.

There was the standard double tree suites layout of a living room with a couch and table and chairs, a bedroom that just fits the bed and not much else, sink/hall/closet leading to the bath. Fairly clean overall, but again, it did not seem to be new either.

I would stay there again, particularly if I wanted to be on the upper north end of Michigan Avenue. The Water Tower is not too far away.

Edited to note that their website describes the hotel as "the city's finest all-suite hotel." If this is true, based on my own experience, I would bet there are not too many all-suite hotels in town to compete with!

[This message has been edited by elbidercni (edited 06-19-2003).]