FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Joining separate tickets
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:38 am
honu

Originally Posted by gemac
Any telephone agent can link PNRs. I don't know whether this would waive the checked baggage fees domestically - I suspect it would, but it is up to agent interpretation as to whether you are flying an international itinerary or an international itinerary and a domestic itinerary.

An international partner can check baggage through to an AA domestic segment. Again, I don't know about the baggage fee, strongly suspect you wouldn't pay it.

You can check baggage through any number of AA partners, as long as you have legal connections. AA has baggage agreements with all its partners and with many other airlines as well.
My situation is a bit different only in that the separate segments are both on MX. I wanted to book an award CTM-MEX-LAX, but the CTM (Chetumal)-MEX segment wasn't available because the award inventory for the dates I need hasn't been loaded yet. So, now I booked my AAward with a MEX-LAX segment on MX. If/when later on the CTM-MEX segment becomes available for AAwards, will it work to book it as a separate segment and link the 2 PNRs? Would MX protect me in case of irrops with CTM-MEX? Also, if I wanted to change my current AAward to include CTM-MEX in the same itinerary, the tix would need to be reissued, right? And for that to happen, do I need to cancel the whole itinerary, redeposit miles, and start from scratch?