FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Bumped' From SQ to NW...Y Fare Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:17 am
sportsbe

Location: Sanibel. FL,AMEX-Centurion, DL-PLAT MM, Continental GE, US AIR PLAT,
Programs: Starwood Plat,Hilton Gold,Priority Club Ambasador-PLAT
'Bumped' From SQ to NW...Y Fare Upgrade?

Recently I changed my return flight from Singapore to LAX, a skymiles reward ticket for SQ economy class, from May to August. Thanks to the genius who handled the switch, the ticket was never issued and thus my reservation was dropped, leaving me with no ticket home. Once I found out, I also soon found via the reservations center that SQ apparently has no availability for skymiles tickets in ANY class within two weeks of my planned departure date. Although the Delta agent I spoke with admitted full responsibility on Delta's part for screwing my ticket up and leaving me with no options for SQ, she also told me that my only chance was now NWA coach 4 days after my original departure date with absolutely no compensation for dropping my ticket and switching me from SQ to NW. The only small hint of a silver lining here, I suppose, is that my booking now indicates that I have a Y fare, which I believe is upgradeable for a fee. I am guessing that they could not book any mileage seats so they instead booked me as a Y fare...in this case will my ticket be subject to *only* the restrictions normally placed on a Y fare (meaning I can upgrade to business for a fee if available?) Also, does anyone have any idea about the typical availability of these upgrades, and how much they might cost? Would very much appreciate any help here, thanks much and let me know if any clarification is needed!