FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adam Burke's response on using "old" rewards chart certificates after June 1, 2003
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:15 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Eugene. My oh my. This email really has excited you! Posted to 2 existing threads on the specific GLON/ALON subject, and creating a whole new one just in case we somehow missed the other 2 posts a short time earlier.

I personally feel that the response fscher got (below) and posted here from Adam's office a couple days ago stated it all VERY clearly, and in far more detail. It is in writing to a FlyerTalker, and I had no feeling Hilton would ever not honour it on that basis.

Once a certificate is extracted from the account you have one year from the date of extraction to use it. It is necessary to deduct the certificate that you want to use from your account prior to June 1 2003. After June 1 2003 certain certificates will change and certain hotels rewards will be at a different point total.

You do not need to have a reservation in order to deduct a certificate from your account. You do though; need to have a reservation to use a certificate. The reservation does not have to be made before June 1 2003. The hotels will accept the certificates that were issued prior to June 1, 2003 as long as they are not expired and are of the same class as the hotel.

For information on the location and classification of certain hotels contact: HHonors Customer Service Center at 1-800-HHONORS

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 04-10-2003).]