FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)
Old May 30, 2003, 10:32 am
guiming_miao

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island

My wife and I just decided to take a 6-day vacation there, but unfortunately August is quite sold out. Diamond Desk said they sent a special request to the general manager of the resort to see if they can accommodate me, but usually takes 5-7 days to get back to me. Then I asked her when I should claim the cert, she said you wait until after 6/1. It will still be 100,000 pts since you requested the room before 6/1.

So, my questions to you, and look for your advices:
1. Is it true that the cert is still 100,000 pts after 6/1 since I requested the room today? I kind of doubted it. Even it is true, but if they came back with nothing after 6/1, then I don't have time to book other hotels. The second one on our wish list is the Embassy Suites in Niagra Falls that is going to open on 7/26, but I believe it has to be redeemed by GLON, a different category. So, a dilema here whether to wait or not. Your suggestions?
2. Usually how long does it take for hotel to get back on the confirmation of the room, I heard somebody just tood one day, is it normally that long 5-7 days?
3. Based on your experience if you stayed in that resort, how likely they can have an reward opening for diamond memeber?

Thanks a lot.

------------------
Guiming Miao
------------