Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2000, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Anybody stay there? What can I expect for a stay there next month?
Old Aug 16, 2000, 6:42 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I’ve stayed there twice, most recently in April of this year, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times. The standard rooms are very large, each with a mini kitchen and dining area. All of the rooms open to an open-air breezeway. I was there with my extended family and we had three rooms, two of which were under my HHonors number……I believe I got over 22,000 points for the four nights we were there!

Anyway, the resort has two pools, one for adults only, a heated family pool and a kiddie wading pool. There’s a nice pool bar that also serves up sandwiches near the family pool. There are also a couple of hot tubs overlooking the beach. Of course, golf is huge on Hilton Head and a large tennis center is a short walk from the hotel (hourly rates for the courts is about $20!!)

The seafood restaurant in the hotel (can’t remember the name) is pretty good. But my favorite seafood restaurant on the island is Charley’s Crab.

To my knowledge, they’re aren’t really any amenities for HHonors members at the hotel.

Riding bikes around the island and on the beach is a big pastime, but don’t rent them from the hotel unless you enjoy paying twice what you should. A large bike rental shop is located across from the tennis center with much better prices. The hotel does participate in the Vacation Station program, so they do have games and toys for the kids at no charge.

Overall, it’s a great resort.

[This message has been edited by harold (edited 08-16-2000).]
Old Apr 11, 2001, 8:17 am
JRS

Location: Pittsburgh - SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, US Chairmans Pref
Anyone been to Hilton Head?

I've found nothing in the archives about the Hilton Head resort. I'll be using using HH points for a room their in August. Any comments about the resort or rooms? Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2001, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion MM, Starwood Gold, Amex Platinum
Haven't been to that resort since two weeks ago when I stayed at the Barony Beach Club - however, the island is very nice (terrific beaches) and excellent dining at Brian's (seafood)and Napa (for steak).

[This message has been edited by theWINEguy (edited 04-11-2001).]
Old Apr 11, 2001, 9:20 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000657.html
Old Oct 24, 2001, 9:23 am

Hilton Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC

I could not find a thread re this resort. I'm thinking about a TEEN reward stay at this place. Anyone with good/bad comments about the facilities, service, etc.?
Old Oct 24, 2001, 10:15 am
Suspended

Stayed there last December after X-Mas, they have the largest rooms on the island, all with kitchenettes and a lot of suites and rooms to upgrade.
Nice resort, shuttle within a couple miles of the hotel, Shelter Cove Mall, Restaurants etc, so if you fly there, you don`t need a car.
Staff was so lala, they played the Piky-Poky Game with 1-800 calls and wanted to charge me 30 USD but removed it from the bill.
They have a couple of restaurants on the premise, one of them is pretty good.
Location is brilliant.
Very solid resort but nothing really special, rates drop down to USD 59-69 in offseason.
I don`t know, when you like to go, but call the island Chmaber of Com. first, they have very good rates, perhaps it is not worth to spend the points.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
We stayed at the Westin in June and did a "walk-through" of the Marriott and the Hilton. The Hilton was definitely the least impressive, though this opinion is based on a strictly visual 30-minute tour.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Hilton Head Resort - Any Recent Stays?

Just booked a TEEN award at the Hilton Head Resort and was wondering if anyone has had a recent stay there and could report on the rooms and resort.

Also do you get the GOLD status amenities on a free award(upgrade and breakfast) or are they only available on a stay that you pay for?

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Old Dec 19, 2001, 6:31 am

anyone?
Old Dec 19, 2001, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a one-night stay at the Hilton Head Hilton about 18 months ago. The one thing I remember is exterior corridors that are noisy and "cement-ish." As I recall, the room was OK but I don't recall any amenities. My second night was at the Hilton Head Westin, where I was upgraded to a two-room suite with sauna and whirlpool tub and a great ocean view. Guess which property gets my vote.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Jan 21, 2002, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Delta silver, Marriott Ambassador Hilton gold
I am wondering if anyone has had success with getting an upgrade at this hotel. I am traveling with a small child and would like to have a bedroom with a door since he goes to sleep at 7:30!

While the web site states that there is a speprate sitting area when I called I was informed that it is not closed off. The hotel also told me that they do not upgrade diamonds--I hope that this was just an error. Any insight would be helpful
(westin is sold out so that is not an option).
Old Mar 7, 2002, 9:13 pm

Hilton Head Resort Adventures Club for Kids

Can anyone tell me about this? I saw this on there web site but with little explaination. What do you know about this? Any idea on the cost?

We are looking for a place to take the family for vacation, wife and 2 kids 9&12. Would like somewhere that had activites for them. I don't mind being bored on vacation, however they need a little stimulation.
Old Mar 10, 2002, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was wondering the same thing. The only info I could get from the website is that the camp only runs from Memorial - Labor Days.

Old Mar 27, 2002, 7:06 am

Bringing this back to the top hoping that someone has had some recent experience here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.