FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2003, 4:18 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
terenz, as a humble Gold, I use this property exclusively in Perth (because it's across the road from my clients office). I've been there 4 times in the past 7 months and I've never failed to be upgraded because it is full of Japanese tourists, as pointed out by SanDiego1K. Can't comment on the Diamond benefits, but agree that this property isn't as good (because it doesn't have the club floor) as say Adelaide Hilton (my equal favourite in Australia together with Hilton on the Park, South Melbourne).

Here is an excerpt from my recent Trip Report where I commented on PPH (stay was 7-9 May):

Hotel: After short taxi ride ($20) into the CBD, pulled up at the Perth's Parmelia Hilton where I had my usual effortless check-in. Julia (trainee) checked me in and Cheng (Duty Manager) upon realising I was Gold HH, came across to greet me, welcome me back and advise that I was upgraded. Chris (Porter) and Ian (doorman) were great. Room 529, although huge room and king-sized bed (read two beds pushed together!) was a little too noisy for me."

It is an easy stroll down to the River or to the city centre. There is some construction happening on the river side of the hotel, so choose either a side room or one facing St Georges Terrace.

Edited - spelling, it's always my bad typing)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 05-28-2003).]