FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380
Thread: A380
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:03 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mkgrip
20th December is a Sunday this year.

AF site shows the flight to be on the A380, though many travel agencies (even the ones that usually show the equipment type) don't show anything in equipment for AF6/7 I was mostly asking if anybody knows how final their plan to use the A380 on JFK even after the inaugural flights is. I understand that nobody can no about possible technicals that may lead to an equipment change on a single day.
As you say, one can never be 100% certain, but I should think that it is 99% that the A388 will remain on that route/flight by the end of the year and most probably well beyond. THis is AF's most popular CDG-JFK flight, the route is perfect for the aircraft and is a 'flagship' one, so it is one of the few things AF can use to try and score points against major rivals BA and LH at this stage. I am reasonably confident you won't be disappointed although of course, there can be no guarantee... I wouldn't worry about the lack of indication either. I think the new aircraft may not yet be loaded on some booking engines (it similarly doesn't show yet on kvs) but I'm sure that it will be there soon!